If you enjoy travel and food – and want to work in the business side of things, then a career in Tourism and Hospitality is a good choice for you.
These are two industries which are always in demand, which means that the work opportunities are endless. As per studies, there are going to be over 45 million new jobs by 2025 in this industry.
Types of Tourism & Hospitality
|There are 4 types of Tourism|
|International Tourism||Long Distant Tourism||Domestic Tourism||Short Distance Tourism|
|These are the popular segments in Hospitality|
|Food & Beverages||Travel & Tourism||Lodging||Recreation|
- 10 + 2 from recognized schools/boards with minimum marks as prescribed by Institution (usually 50-60%) in any stream.
Good to have
- Love for Travel, Tourism & helping people
- Good Communication skills
Tourism & Hospitality Entrance Exams for India
CAT, MAT, CMAT(now NIT), GMAT, ATMA, XAT are the main entrance exams for various Indian Institutes of tourism and travel management and prestigious private colleges.
Speak to a Vidyaedify expert today for a free consultation.
The Admission process is very straightforward:
- Fill the admission form for the college
- Entrance Exam
- Some colleges also conduct a Group Discussion / Interview round
- Pay Fees
Studying Tourism and Hospitality management courses abroad is the right career choice for people who love to explore new things. Bachelors of Hotel Management is the most rewarding and lucrative career. In foreign countries, there is a demand for skilled hospitality managers. Getting a degree from the right university is a good future investment.
Why study Tourism & Hospitality abroad for Indian students?
Listed below are some benefits of studying tourism and hospitality abroad:
- Internationally recognized degree from the top ranking universities
- Thriving industry worldwide
- Global exposure and world-class training
- Internship programs and recruitment
- State-of-art facilities and infrastructure
- Work opportunities anywhere in the world
Businesses need MBA graduates who align with their mission and vision and add value to their business.
Admission to top Bachelor in Hotel Management in international universities criteria:
- 10+2 from recognized universities or schools with minimum marks as prescribed by Institution.
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) score: It is a universal exam for admissions in undergraduate courses abroad. The syllabus for the exam covers topics covered in the school curriculum.
|Sections||Type||No. of Questions||Time Limit||Score|
|Comprehension||Passage type questions||52||65 minutes||200-800|
|Writing||Sentence structure, verbs, punctuation, grammar, agreement, Word choice for style, text or tone, readability||44||35 minutes||Calculated with the reading section|
|Maths||Data sufficiency, problem-solving||38 (with 8 grid-in)
20 (with 5 grid-in)
|Calculator - 55
No calculator - 25
- Students need to show IELTS, TOEFL, PTE scores to get admissions.
- Other important documents like Photo ID, Letter of Recommendation, Official Transcripts, etc. are to be submitted online.
- If students match the eligibility criteria of a particular university, they have to sit for an interview, wherein authorities will assess their calibre and suitability for the program.
- Specific universities have specific admission processes for tourism management courses abroad. Research well in advance and prepare accordingly.
Contact Us today for a free consultation.
The best countries to study BHA abroad in are Switzerland, the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, France, and Ireland.
Students must decide upon a university, after taking into account factors like hotel management course fees, accommodation cost, job prospects, work visa, etc.
Most of the Universities offer scholarships for Indian students studying abroad based on merit and need.
Talk to our expert counselors to learn more about scholarships for hotel management courses abroad.
||CHF 26,500 - 50,000 per year||4 years|
||€12,600 - €25,0000 per year||3-4 years|
||$57,000 - $90,000 per year||4 years|
||£14,000 - £30,000 per year||3-4 years|
||AUD $30,000 - 50,000 per year||2.5-4 years|
*indicative figures. Subject to changes. Includes only tuition fees.
Tourism and Hospitality offers dynamic work environments where students get to discover new people and places. It covers a vast range of specializations. They are:
|Hospitality Operations||Food and Beverage Production||Catering|
|Event Planning||Aviation||Tourism Operations|
Studying Tourism and Hospitality abroad allows you to work abroad. There is no dearth of opportunities as the sector employs more than 200 million people.
Career opportunities after studying abroad range from hotels, 5-star hotels, international hotel chains, airlines, transportation, cruises, events, activity providers, tourist services, travel agents, tour operators, etc. If you have essential people-skills and organizational skills, you will have a lot of growth in this field.
Know more about studying in India and Abroad - Contact our Vidyaedify counsellor today.