- The full form of MBBS in Latin is Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
- In 2019, the Medical Corporation of India (MCI) revoked all the previous MBBS entrance exams and made NEET the only eligible entrance exam for admission to any government or private medical colleges or abroad universities for MBBS degrees.
- According to reports, the National Medical Council (NMC) is expected to conduct the NEXT (National Exit Test) Online MCQ Exam for the final year MBBS students to award them practicing licenses, from the year 2023. It is being said that NeXT is most likely to replace NEET PG Exam.
- MBBS syllabus is divided into 9-semesters. The syllabus consists of subjects such as Anatomy, Pathology, Pharmacology, Paediatrics, Health & Medicine, Surgery, etc.
- After MBBS, students can start practicing as medical officers or general physicians, with an average salary of INR 5-12 LPA. Popular courses after MBBS include MD, MS, etc.
MBBS Course Educational Qualification
- Students who have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology can apply for the NEET.
- Students who qualify NEET and had physics, chemistry, and biology in their 12th can do MBBS.
MBBS Syllabus is for 4.5 years with 1 year of Internship. The MBBS syllabus deals with all the subjects and skills required to become a doctor.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria in India
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level of degree with 50% from any recognized board in science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Zoology/Botany with English as the main subject for their qualifying examination. Students belonging to the reserved category must have a minimum percentage of 40%.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years before seeking admission to the MBBS degree.
- Candidates need to qualify for the required entrance exam (NEET) for MBBS admissions.
NEET examination comprises 3 sections: Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. The exam involves 180 questions, in which for every correct answer you will be assigned with 4 marks whereas, for every incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted. It is an MCQ-based paper.
Know More About NEET, click here.
- Your admission to the MBBS depends upon your NEET exam score.
- The curriculum of the entrance exams covers topics of 11th and 12th science subjects.
- The question paper is available in 11 different regional languages.
- You need to follow the NEET examination syllabus strictly to score good marks and secure admission to the MBBS college of your choice.
More than 542 medical colleges in India provide MBBS courses to students across the country. The MBBS duration in India across all colleges is 5.5-Years.
MBBS Admission Process in India
In order to secure admission to any of the top MBBS colleges in India, here are the steps that the students need to follow:
- Registration for Entrance: Aspirants should register by logging in to the web portal, and entering their personal details like applicant name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Form Filling and Documents Upload: Once the registration is done, candidates have to fill out the application form online by providing personal and academic details. Post successfully filling out the form, one will have to upload all the documents required.
Average Fee Structure
|Government College||Private College|
|INR 7.5 to INR 11 Lakhs (Complete Course)||INR 20 Lakhs to INR 1 Cr (Complete Course)|
Quick facts About MBBS Abroad
Average Fee Structure
|Total Fee (Tuition fee and Hostel Charges)|
|INR 20 Lakhs to INR 60 Lakhs (Complete Course)|
Top Countries for MBBS Abroad
Top Universities for MBBS Abroad
Here are a few top foreign universities that offer MBBS:
|Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine||Vinnitsa National Medical University, Ukraine||Ternopil State Medical University, Ukraine|
|Bogomolets National Medical University, Ukraine||AMA School of Medicine, Philippines||Asian Medical institute, Kyrgystan|
|Kyrgyzstan State Medical Academy, Kyrgystan||Altai State Medical University, Russia||Ulyanovsk State University, Russia|
Let us do a quick comparison between MBBS in India and MBBS from abroad:
|Comparison Metrics||MBBS in India||MBBS from Abroad|
|Duration||5.5 years (4.5 Years Academics + 1 Year Internship)||5.5 or 6 years (Including Internship)|