Management in Business Administration is the most preferred Master's program the world over. Any student wanting to pursue a professional management career takes the route of MBA, after completing their Bachelors (preferably BBA).
Types of MBA
Students today have the option to pursue full-time, part-time, weekend and on-line degrees.
Every year we see further specialisations in the area of business – Here are the most popular and in-demand MBAs:
|Consulting||Entrepreneurship & Family business Management||International Business|
|General Management||Operations Management||Technology Management|
|Global Management||Engineering Management||Information Systems Management|
|Banking & Financial Services||Healthcare||Rural Management|
The following are the eligibility criteria for pursuing an MBA in India:
- 10+2 + 3 years of education.
- Minimum 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in Bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
Some colleges have different pass percent requirements.
- A valid CAT/ GMAT score.
- Some colleges require a minimum of 1 year of work experience.
MBA Entrance Exams for India
There are 8 national level exams such as: CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, ATMA and GMAT.
Apart from these, some MBA colleges accept State Level entrance exam results such as: MAH CET, TANCET, PGCET, KMAT, etc.
And others have specific exams that you need to clear in order to apply for admission, such as:IIFT, TISS NET, IBSAT, KIITEE Management and UPES MET.
The MBA Admission process in India is fairly streamlined.
- Pass Admission Test
- Fill Application Form/s of preferred colleges
- Group Discussion Round
- Personal Interview Round
- Pay Fees
Speak with a Vidyaedify expert today to chart your path to an MBA degree.
Master in Business Administration (MBA) is the most desirable and sought after program to study abroad. It is the dream of many students to study in the world's prestigious B-schools.
Why study MBA abroad for Indian students?
The benefits outweigh the cost of an MBA abroad. Some benefits are:
- Global exposure and opportunities
- International networking
- Internationally recognised Degree from top B-schools
- Handsome pay package
- Knowledge and practical skills that will set you apart
- World-class curriculum
Businesses need MBA graduates who align with their mission and vision and add value to their business.
Admission to Top B-schools and International universities have their criteria:
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized college is essential.
- GMAT exam score: is a widely accepted exam score for MBA admissions in top B-schools and universities. It is a 3 hours 30 minutes, computer-adaptive test. The minimum score is 200, and the maximum score is 800. The minimum age is 18 years. The GMAT exam fee is $250.
|Part||Sections Covered||Time Limit|
|Analytical Writing||Analysis of argument essay||30 minutes, 1 topic|
|Integrated Reasoning||Table analysis, two-part analysis, multi-source reasoning, graphic interpretation||30 minutes, 12 questions|
|Quantitative Reasoning||Data sufficiency, problem-solving||62 minutes, 31 questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||Reading unseen passages, sentence correction, critical reasoning||65 minutes, 36 questions|
- Some Universities require a Letter of Recommendation from your previous academic institution or a previous workplace, Essays to assess your candidature and suitability for their institution, a Resume giving a brief of all your academic qualifications, and a Statement of Purpose.
- Work Experience of a maximum of 2 to 3 years is required by most universities abroad for MBA. B-schools in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland require work experience.
- Language proficiency exams - IELTS, TOEFL, PTE scores are accepted.
- Specific universities have specific admission process for MBA abroad. Research well in advance.
Contact Us today for a free consultation on studying MBA abroad.
After deciding to study MBA abroad, finalizing the country and university is a big challenge. The most preferred countries are the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China, France, and Ireland.
Aspects like the duration and cost of education (tuition fees) cost of living (accommodation, conveyance, food, entertainment, health), and job offers affect the selection procedure. Most of the Universities offer scholarships for studying abroad based on merit and need.
||$75,000 - $80,000 per year||21-24 months|
||£53,500 - £80,000/ per year||12-24 months|
||€60,000 - €90,000 per year||12-24 months|
||AUD $60,000 - 90,000 per year||12-24 months|
*indicative figures. Subject to changes.
Depending on the industry and your individual qualities and preferences, you can select your specialization for MBA. The 1st year MBA is for building a strong foundation. The specialization is introduced in the 2nd year so that students can niche down.
Every field has its share of pros and cons, depending on the industry and field. So it is best that the student pays attention to every aspect while deciding.
|Some of the areas of specializations:|
Check with VidyaEdify counselor for the latest options in specialisation at your preferred university abroad.
After completion of an MBA, you will be backed by a degree from the world’s most prestigious universities, opening many avenues for you. One main goal of studying abroad is to get high-paying job offers. Also, it is justifiable to work abroad after MBA, to recover the amount spent on MBA.
The world's top companies are located abroad and they employ students from reputed and elite B-schools.
Book a free consultation here.