The field of accountancy may be a perfect fit for you if you strive to be highly organized, love performing data analysis, and enjoy manipulating spreadsheets. Financial accountants have an essential role in the world of business.
Types of Accounting and Finance
Depending on your interest, you can specialise by choosing one of these career paths in Accounting and Finance:
The eligibility criteria for admission is:
- 10+2 in any subject, with a minimum of 50% aggregate score. Some colleges require 55% - This depends on the cut-off marks criteria of that particular college.
- Commerce stream preferred
Accounting and Finance entrance exams for India
Different universities have their own entrance exams, such as: DU JAT, DUET, NMIMS, NPAT, SET, MHT CET, PU CET, IPU CET, TUET, CUET, BHU UET, etc, and then there are State and National level entrance exams such as: ICAI, SAT, CFA, CMA and CPGET.
The admission course varies from college to college. Some colleges give admission on merit basis, while others require a student to clear an entrance exam.
Speak to a VidyaEdify expert today to know more.
- Fill the Admission Form
- Entrance Exam
- Personal Interview
- Pay Fees
An international degree in finance will help you launch a career internationally and comprehend how finance and economies functions in the global marketplace. Additionally, you will gain the expertise to deal with international investments and financing.
Why study Accounting and Finance abroad?
Have a look at the advantages to studying abroad for finance and accounting professionals.
- Finance Professionals are in demand the world over, and there are lots of opportunities available.
- You can have options for flexible career paths.
- You can potentially earn a lot.
- Accounting is necessary for all industries.
- International students develop some high-demand transferable skills such as effective communication, time management skills, and awareness of business organizations.
- This is a skill set which is required in all CXO level professionals.
There are few requirements that every student opting for a top-ranked University has to meet when selecting a bachelor's degree or master's degree. A complete list of all the requirements (in detailed form) is provided below. The requirements for a bachelor's Degree are:
- Your statement should explain your interest in the subject
- A letter of reference from your school teacher
- Submission of the preliminary online application
- Completing the SAQ (Supplementary Applications Questionnaire) required by the university
- Provide requisite academic transcripts online
What are the eligibility requirements for bachelor's programs?
- An academic career of 15 years
- A minimum of 70% on the class 12 exam
- A minimum of two references
- Proof of proficiency in English
- Excellent performance in the interview
Students studying abroad need to take IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
Book a free consultation call here to know more about the eligibility and process for studying abroad.
In most countries, master's degrees are usually completed within two years. A candidate can choose from several study abroad programs. An applicant is required to check the requirements criteria before enrolling in specific courses.
These are the requirements for master's in banking and finance best universities:
- A bachelor's degree from a reputable university is required
- A comprehensive resume
- A recommendation letter from a past employer or instructor
- Taking the English proficiency test
- The statement of purpose
- Some courses may also require a minimum of 3 - 4 years of work experience
After checking the requirement and eligibility criteria, the next most important step is to finalize the best countries to study finance. The most preferred colleges for pursuing accounting and finance at the bachelor's and master's levels are Australia, Canada, UK, and the USA.
This list includes the best colleges globally, along with locations, duration, and the cost in each country for international finance courses.
12 - 36 months
12 - 24 months
$20000 - $45000 per year
$22000 - $50000 per year
$60000 - $80000 per year
$35000 per year
£12000 - £15000 per year
£35000 per year
$20000 - $40000 per year
$28000 - $55000 per year
**Please note that these are indicative figures. They are subject to change.
Financial and Accounting Specializations
Students can select specialization based on the individual qualifications, preferences and the industry in which the candidates wish to work. However, every field has pros and cons. In this case, students should pay attention to every aspect while making the decision.
The following are some of the areas of specialization:
|Some of the areas of specializations:|
|Business Administration and Management Sciences||Economics||Chartered Financial Analyst|
|Master's in Management||Master's in International Business||Master's in Business Analytics|
|Master's in Marketing|
By obtaining these degrees, you will be a step ahead that will open up a large number of accounting jobs abroad. Getting high-paying jobs at well-known companies is one of the main reasons students pursue their bachelor's and master's degrees from abroad. Additionally, students can take up many in-demand jobs like:
|Management Consultant / Analyst||Sales Manager||Financial Controller|
|Business Development Manager||Financial Analyst|
If you have any doubts, feel free to contact our expert counsellors here.