For a creative person, the best option is to pursue a course in Art and Design which would allow you to build a career and life around your passions and interest.
Types of Art and Design courses
Here's a List of the type of courses that you can specialise in depending on the kind of Art (visual / performing art, etc) that you are interested in:
|Drama & Theatre||Photography||Sculpture|
|Textile Design||Animation||Ceramics & Pottery|
|Digital Art||Graphic Design||Designer|
The basic criteria for admission into an Art and Design course in India are:
- 10+2 from any stream, with an aggregate of 50% or above
- Admissions are primary provided on Merit
- Entrance exam (if required by that particular college/university)
- Some courses require a diploma in foundation art and design
- Portfolio (some colleges require a basic artist portfolio)
Art and Design Entrance Exams for India
Some Colleges and Universities require a student to clear their entrance exams for admission and other colleges accept the state level entrance exam such as: Delhi University Entrance Exam, Kerala BFA Entrance exam, JMI BFA Entrance, JNAFAU Entrance Exam, BHU BFA Entrance Examination.
The Tests have 2 parts – Theoretical (MCQ type questions) and Practical (practical artistic knowledge is assessed).
The Admission process depends on the college. Speak with our expert today for detailed information.
- Fill Admission Form
- Entrance Exam (if applicable)
- Some colleges conduct Practical and Personal interview rounds to assess a students skills and interests.
Art is a form of expression. If you are an art and design lover, then studying art and design in art schools abroad will boost your career. Internationally, artists are appreciated and bestowed awards and recognition.
Why study Art and Design abroad for Indian students?
Pros of studying Art and Design abroad:
- Learn from the world's best faculties and artists
- Get accredited with a degree from the best design schools in the world
- Journey of self-exploration
- Understand intricate aspects of art, design, and architecture
- A unique blend of culture and art
- Minimum pay starts from $20,000 - $45000 per year for a fresher
- Secure international design jobs
Students seeking admission to top international art universities must fulfil certain criteria:
The first step for admission into the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) course is the completion of the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA). BFA is an undergraduate course that lasts for 3-4 years. The initial two years lay the foundation for the fundamentals of art and design. The third/fourth year will focus on specializations and real-world experience through internships.
For BFA in art schools abroad:
- Minimum aggregate marks must be obtained in 10+2 from a recognized and accredited board
- Previous work collection or a Portfolio (optional)
- SAT Scores, English language proficiency tests scores like TOEFL, or IELTS
- Personal Interview to assess your suitability, passion for arts, previous works, goals, etc.
- Lastly, university-specific requirements
For MFA in art schools abroad:
- Official transcripts of previous educational qualifications;
- An equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or BFA from a recognized university;
- A Statement of Purpose (SoP) stating the reasons to pursue the degree;
- You need a portfolio that highlights your work and art;
- Letters of Recommendation (LoRs) from previous university or employer;
- GRE Scores, English language proficiency test scores like TOEFL, or IELTS;
- Artist Statements / Auditions;
- Other prescribed requirements by the University.
The best countries to study Art and Design abroad are the US, UK, Australia, and European countries like Italy, France.
The cost of studying Art and Design is high, but it pays very well. Some aspects like the duration and tuition fees, living expenses (accommodation, conveyance, food, entertainment, health) etc. contribute to making a well-informed decision. Duration of Masters varies between 2 to 4 years. Many Universities offer scholarships for studying abroad based on merit and need.
Contact a VidyaEdify counselor today to know more about the best university for you depending on your artistic flair and design interests.
The best Universities to study Masters in Arts and Design Abroad are summarized as follows:
||$20000 - $70,000 per year||Graduate:
||£25,000 - £70,000 per year||Graduate:
||€10,000 - €40,0000 per year||Graduate:
||AUD $20,000 - 70,000 per year||Graduate:
3 years (Full time)
6 years (Part-time)
||CAD $35,000 - 1,50,0000 per year||Graduate:
*indicative figures. Subject to changes. Includes tuition fees only.
Art and Design is a very broad field. It is further categorized into different specializations such as Interior Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Industrial Design, Art and Design (Decorative Arts, Curatorial/Museology), Game Design.
After completion of MFA programs abroad, you can opt for various professions like:
Interior Designer, Fashion Designer, User Experience (UX) Designer, Industrial Designer, Graphic Designer, Multimedia Artist and Designer, Illustrator, Exhibit Designer, Art teacher or lecturer, Animator. Alternatively, you can venture into different routes like becoming a gallery curator, art valuer, or working at a museum.
The pay starts from a minimum of £15,000-£20,000. Taking up internships during the course duration will help you understand the work culture and build networks and connections.
Book a Free consultation with our Experts today.